5th class children were making ‘drug’ in the school lab, when chemical blast happened, 11 students got scorched – न्यूज़लीड India

5th class children were making ‘drug’ in the school lab, when chemical blast happened, 11 students got scorched


oi-Sanjay Kumar Jha


Published: Monday, November 21, 2022, 18:56 [IST]

google oneindia news

In a school in Australia, the students found it difficult to do experiments in the chemistry lab. A science experiment gone wrong at Manly Public School in Sydney city caused a massive explosion, injuring 11 students and a teacher. All the students including the teacher have been admitted to the hospital.

School lab experiment


Children doing experiments in chemistry lab

According to media reports, on Monday, students were doing some experiments in the science lab of the school regarding sodium bicarbonate and methylated spirit. During this, there was a sudden explosion due to the mistake of a student and many students came under fire. Helicopters, paramedics and fire engines were seen at the scene. New South Wales Ambulance Officer Phil Templeman said, “The wind affected the experiment and blew some of the chemicals used around. Several students suffered burns. The classroom science experiment involved sodium bicarbonate and methylated spirits.”

Accident due to exposure to open air

According to local news outlet 9news, the Class 5 students were experimenting with baking soda, a sugar mixture and an accelerant to make “black snakes” or “sugar snakes”. Meanwhile this accident happened. According to the Sydney Herald, the victims had burns all over their bodies, including their legs, lower abdomen, chest and face. The age of all these children is 10 to 11 years. At the same time, the science teacher injured in this accident said that he was doing an experiment with the children, in which something went wrong after which this accident happened.

Teachers put pressure on experiment

Mike Ashton, a parent at the school, told the media: “We heard online what happened. This incident is very worrying. Everything is under control very quickly though. On the other hand, some parents say that some teachers of the school put too much pressure on the children regarding science experiments. At the same time, the local resident says that smoke was seen coming out of the classroom in the air.

Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman gifted a watch to Imran Khan, wife stole and sold it for 2 million dollars!Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman gifted a watch to Imran Khan, wife stole and sold it for 2 million dollars!

  • Mysterious creature reached the land for the first time from the marine world, plants were frozen on the back, scientists said – never seen such a thing
  • Emergency-like situation after heavy rains in Australia, Sydney’s main dam filled to the brim, thousands of lives in danger
  • Video of alien-like creature went viral on Instagram, seen on road after rain
  • ‘Never seen rain like this’: weather bomb drowns dozens of Australian cities
  • VIDEO: When there was fierce kicking and punching in the wedding reception, men and women tore each other’s clothes
  • Creepy! A man swimming in the sea was cut into pieces by a shark, people making videos on the beach kept shouting help-help
  • Fans party on Singer Taylor Swift’s new music album, 100 people become Corona positive
  • Global Marriage: Engagement rituals performed in Rajasthan, took 7 rounds in Australia and Kanyadaan was done online
  • Shocking: ‘Parasites’ occupied the head of a 13-year-old girl, when there was less space, they reached her face
  • Australia’s Sydney city completely free from lockdown after 106 days, more than 70 percent of the population vaccinated
  • Why are these five the safest cities in the world, know about them
  • Corona threat increased in Australia, strict lockdown announced in Sydney-Canberra

english summary

Students Injured After Science Experiment Goes Wrong At A School In Australia

Story first published: Monday, November 21, 2022, 18:56 [IST]

A note to our visitors

By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our updated privacy policy.