Those having fake voting cards will be banned
The government is trying to prevent fake voter ID cards by linking Aadhaar with voting cards. After linking Voter ID with Aadhaar, those people will be able to identify those who have more than one ballot paper or those who have a fake voting card. The government has issued a notification for this. Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has given information about this notification of the government by tweeting.
Multiple voter ID will be banned
According to the notification issued by the government, linking of voter ID with the Aadhaar ecosystem will put a stop to those holding multiple voter ID cards. This step will also help in reforming the electoral system. However, no deadline has been issued for this as of now. If you also want to link your voter ID with Aadhaar, then you can easily do it sitting at home.
How to link voter id with aadhaar
- To link Voter ID with Aadhaar, visit the official website of Election Commission https://voteportal.eci.gov.in.
- Login with Mobile Number or Email ID or Voter ID Number.
- After filling the choice of your state, district etc. press the button of search and click on feed aadhar number.
- Fill all the details including Aadhar number correctly and click on submit.
- After doing this your voter ID will be linked with Aadhaar. This information will also be received on your mobile and email.