Electricity was cut due to rain Electricity was cut due to rain
According to the information, this incident happened on Saturday. In fact, people had to face power cuts after heavy rains in Ballia district. There was power cut for almost 1 hour. During this time there was no arrangement of lights in the district hospital. In such a situation, the doctors were forced to take the risk of treating the patients under the light of the torch.
Questions raised on the working style of administration
During this, many people were seen being treated under torchlight. In the video, a woman is seen lying on a stretcher and doctors are checking her up with a stethoscope, while a man stands to show a light. After the video went viral, questions are being raised on the functioning of the local administration and the leader along with the hospital administration.
The head of the hospital gave clarification
Dr RD Ram, Orthopedic Surgeon and head in-charge of Ballia District Hospital said that doctors had to face the darkness for only 15-20 minutes, not much. After that the light came on from the generator. He claimed that the hospital has a generator for backup, but it took time to get the battery, due to which it was dark for some time in the hospital. He said that there is always a fear of battery theft in the hospital, so the battery was removed and kept aside. There is no comment from the state government on the incident so far.