India made second highest score
The match started with India batting first after losing the toss. The Indian women’s team put a huge score of 333 runs on the board for a record 5 wickets in 50 overs. This was the second highest score of the Indian women’s team in ODI cricket. 1st – 358/2 vs Ireland, 2017.
Highest score of Indian women’s team in ODIs
- 358/2 vs Ireland, 2017
- 333/5 vs England, 2022
- 317/8 vs West Indies, 2022
- 302/8 vs South Africa, 2018
- 298/2 vs West Indies, 2004
Well done Herman’s bat
Captain Harmanpreet Kaur’s bat played a lot in the Indian innings. The captain scored an unbeaten 143 off just 111 balls. In this memorable innings, he hit 18 fours and 4 sixes. The surprising thing was that the last 43 runs were scored by Harman in only 11 balls. In his last 11 balls, he hit 6 fours and 3 sixes. This was Harman’s fifth century in ODI cricket and second against England. During his century innings, he also made many big records in his name.
Records made by Harman
- Harmanpreet broke the 26-year-old record for the highest score against England in England with an innings of 143 not out. Before him in 1996, Australia’s Dabby Hawkley had scored 117 runs.
- Kaur has equaled the number two Smriti Mandhana (5) in terms of scoring the most centuries for India in ODIs. The name of Mithali Raj (7) comes at the forefront.
- Harman’s unbeaten 143 is the third highest score by any batsman against England.
- Harman’s unbeaten 143 runs.. the third highest score by any Indian women’s team in ODIs.
Renuka got 4 wickets
England had a target of 334 to win, but the team was reduced to a score of 245. Daniel Waite scored the highest 65 runs. Renuka Singh Thakur got 4 wickets for India. Hemlata also managed to take two wickets. With this win, Harman & Co took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3-match ODI series. The third and final match of the series will be played on Saturday, 24 September.