In this case, leaving Punjab behind, Andhra Pradesh became number one. – न्यूज़लीड India

In this case, leaving Punjab behind, Andhra Pradesh became number one.


News

oi-Foziya Khan

,

Published: Friday, November 11, 2022, 20:38 [IST]

Google Oneindia News

Amaravati, November 11- In every state, the government is running various schemes to improve the economic condition of the farmers. Some state is giving maximum subsidy to the farmers, while some is providing loans to open agricultural business. But the step taken by Andhra Pradesh to improve the condition of the farmers has become a record. Now Andhra Pradesh has become the number one state in terms of giving loans to farmers, beating Punjab. Let us know how it happened in this special report.

farmer

In fact, a ten-year study by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has revealed this. The NABARD medium states that Andhra Pradesh has the highest lending rate for farmers in the country. According to the study, Punjab, which held the top position for more than ten years, has now slipped to the second position. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development examined the credit disbursement data for the agriculture industry between 2011-12 and 2021-22.

Can get higher rate of loan from banks

According to the research, the government in Andhra Pradesh, caring for the farmers, tried to give them loans through different schemes in every way and their hard work paid off. This is the reason that farmers in Andhra Pradesh got about 129 lakh per hectare of land as compared to 1 lakh per hectare distributed in Punjab. Analysts said farmers in Andhra Pradesh may get higher rates of credit from banks as a result of the widespread cultivation of cash-rich commercial crops, including chilli, tobacco, cotton and turmeric.

The major four states with the highest average amount were

According to some media reports, last year the highest outstanding loans and loans of farmers were from South India. In 2011, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala were the top four states with the highest average amount of outstanding loans per agricultural household. Whereas the total average of loan per agricultural household is Rs. 74,121, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala have Rs 2.45 lakh and Rs 2.42 lakh respectively.

waived off loans worth crores of rupees

According to a 2019 NSS study, titled “Assessing the Status of Agricultural Households, Land and Livestock in Rural India”, agricultural households in southern states had significantly higher outstanding debts than agricultural households in other major states. The NSS study showed that banks, cooperatives and government organizations provided about 69.6 per cent of the outstanding loans, with the remaining 30.4 per cent coming from non-institutional sources. At the same time, in Punjab, the state government waived loans worth crores of rupees.

english summary

In this case, leaving Punjab behind, Andhra Pradesh became number one, know what is the full news

Story first published: Friday, November 11, 2022, 20:38 [IST]

A note to our visitors

By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our updated privacy policy.