Rohit overtakes Dhoni
With the victory in Thiruvananthapuram, Rohit Sharma has become the Indian captain to win the most T20 International matches in a year. Hitman broke the record of former World Cup winning captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. This was Rohit’s 16th win this year. The same MS Dhoni had made a record of winning 15 T20I matches in 2016.
Surya becomes Sixer King
Suryakumar Yadav is in amazing form at the moment. Against South Africa too, he scored an unbeaten 50 off just 33 balls with the help of 5 fours and 3 sixes. Along with this innings, he also added a big record in front of his name. In fact, Suryakumar has become the player to hit the most T20I sixes in a year. In 2022, he has hit a total of 45 sixes so far. Earlier this world record was recorded in the name of Pak opener Mohammad Rizwan (42).
Most sixes in a year in T20I cricket
- 45 – Suryakumar YadavTeam India (2022)*
- 42 – Mohammed RizwanPakistan (2021)
- 41 – Martin GuptillNew Zealand (2021)
- 37 – Evin LewisSouth Africa (2021)
Some other important records made in the match
- Arshdeep took 3 wickets for 32 runs in the match. He received the Man of the Match award for this performance. This was his first MOM award in T20Is.
- Rohit Sharma was dismissed for the 9th time in T20 Internationals without opening an account.
- Kagiso Rabada dismissed Rohit Sharma for the 10th time in international cricket.
- KL Rahul 51 not out. This was his 19th fifty in T20Is.