Uproar over the salary of the Imams of the mosque, know in which state how much the clerics get – न्यूज़लीड India

Uproar over the salary of the Imams of the mosque, know in which state how much the clerics get

Uproar over the salary of the Imams of the mosque, know in which state how much the clerics get


BJP MP raised the issue

The MP from West Delhi said, “I appeal to priests and granthis of all temples and gurudwaras to write a letter to Kejriwal for a monthly salary of Rs 42,000.” “If he fails to give his decision in three days, a board banning the AAP candidate should be put up outside temples and gurudwaras,” he said. Even the entry of the Chief Minister should be restricted till the payment of salary is announced.

who gives salary to imams

who gives salary to imams

The monthly salaries of the Imams and Muezzins are paid by the Waqf Board. In 1993, the Supreme Court, while hearing a petition by Maulana Jameel Ilyasi, president of the All India Imam Organization, directed the Waqf Board to pay salaries to the imams in mosques managed by it. Since then, in many states including Delhi, the Waqf Board gives salary to the Imams.

These are sources of income

These are sources of income

The main source of income of the Waqf Board is the amount coming from the shops built in the mosques, the rent of the property, the dargah and the khanqah. Out of the money received from these sources, 93 per cent is given to the local committee of that property. The remaining 7 per cent of the income is given to the State Waqf Board, of which 1 per cent goes to the Central Waqf Council. The State Waqf Board spends this seven per cent money on the staff and management of the mosque. The Waqf Board pays salaries to the Imams and Moazins of their mosques out of this income.

Delhi Waqf Board gives this much salary every month

Delhi Waqf Board gives this much salary every month

Let us tell you that 225 imams and muezzins of about 185 mosques registered with the Delhi Waqf Board are paid salaries. On behalf of the Delhi government, the Imam is given a salary of Rs 18,000 and the Muazzins Rs 14,000 per month. Apart from this, the Imams of unregistered mosques in the Delhi Waqf Board are given an honorarium of Rs 14,000 and the Muazzins Rs 12,000 per month.

Clerics in Telangana get honorarium every month

Clerics in Telangana get honorarium every month

According to the news of ‘Aaj Tak’, since July this year, Imams and Muezzins are being given an honorarium of Rs 5,000 every month in Telangana. The West Bengal government has been paying an honorarium of Rs 2,500 per month to the imams since 2012. The Madhya Pradesh Waqf Board pays Rs 5,000 per month to the Imam and Rs 4,500 per month to the muezzins. The Waqf Board in Haryana pays a salary of Rs 15,000 per month to the 423 Imams of its mosques.

bihar imam gets 15000 every month

bihar imam gets 15000 every month

Similarly, in Bihar, from 2021, the Sunni Waqf Board is giving an honorarium of Rs 15,000 to the Imam of its mosques and Rs 10,000 to the Moazzins. On the other hand, the Bihar State Shia Waqf Board is giving an honorarium of Rs 4000 to the Imam of 105 mosques and Rs 3000 to the Moazzins. The Bihar government gives a fund of Rs 100 crore annually to the Waqf Board as a grant.

  From where does the Waqf Board get the money for salary?

From where does the Waqf Board get the money for salary?

Apart from Delhi, the Waqf Board gives salary to the Imam of mosques in Haryana and Karnataka. In many states, the Waqf Board has been paying salaries to the Imams of some mosques for a long time. This includes those mosques which are maintained by the Archaeological Department and which are mosques of historical importance. Now the question arises that from where the Waqf Board gets the money for salary.

Karnataka pays salary to imams according to cities

Karnataka pays salary to imams according to cities

Karnataka Waqf Board gives salary to Imams of registered mosques according to the city. In which in big cities 20 thousand is given to Imam, 14000 to Naib Imam, 14000 to Moazzin, 12000 to Khadim and 8 thousand to Mullim. On the other hand, the Imam of the mosque of the town or city is given 15000 rupees and the Imam in the rural is given 12000 rupees as salary. In Punjab too, the Imams of Waqf Board mosques are given salary.

Imams do not get salary in UP

Imams do not get salary in UP

Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand Waqf Boards do not pay salaries to the Imams and Muezzins of the mosques. Salaries are given to the Imams of some historical mosques in Uttar Pradesh, which are especially under the Archaeological Department. Among these, the UP Waqf Board gives salary to the Imam of mosques like Taj Mahal Mosque, Raj Bhavan Mosque in Lucknow, Fatehpur Sikri.

A note to our visitors

By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our updated privacy policy.

%d bloggers like this: